Saturday, January 11, 2014

Guess What??! Guess What??!

........drum roll.........

I've made the cut for Quiltmaker Magazine's 2014 Scrap Squad!!  I applied for this opportunity back in December, and was offered a spot just the other day...of course I enthusiastically accepted!!  Have a look here to see the 2013 Scrap Squad.  I am looking forward to this exciting new adventure, meeting my fellow SS cohort and blogging about my journey as it unfolds in the year to come.

What is a Scrap Squad you ask?? 
http://www.quiltmaker.com/articles/QM_Scrap_Squad?idx=8480
Short description:  FUN!

Long description:  it is a group of readers/quilters who love to make scrap quilts.  They get one pattern from each issue of Quiltmaker Magazine ahead of time and they make a scrappy version of the quilt and blog about it on 'Quilty Pleasures', the blog at Quiltmaker Magazine!  They blog about their journey.....what worked [or what didn't work] for them, their colour choices, their decisions, techniques used and whatever else comes up....and of course....taking and posting pictures of their work as it progresses through the quilt making process. 

http://www.quiltmaker.com/index.html
 
Now...isn't this just the BESTEST way EVER to start a new year???  Leave me a comment and let me know if you'll be following me on the blog as I begin this new journey! 

Happy Sewing!
Nadia
Scrap Squad 2014

4 comments:

  1. That is totally awesome, Nadia!! LOL, I'm just remembering back to grade 11, when you made the gorgeous burgundy suit with bound button holes....you already had it in you then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks! Yes, I loved all things fibre way back then too. I think I still have that burgundy suit stashed away.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Nadia, I will be following the blog. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb! So good to hear from you! Glad you will be following along, I am so excited still!

    ReplyDelete